Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Colonial House Foreclosed



Well we went to see the Colonial House that was foreclosed last week. I cannot describe to you how charming it was inside. It had fireplaces in EVERY room (including bathrooms), hardwood floors that were already refinished in over half the house, brand new solid oak cabinets in the kitchen, pantry and mud room with new granite counter tops. There was a Living Room, Dining Room and Family Room, all of which were huge. There were 3 sets of stairs leading to the second floor because of the house being so big. The foyer was bigger than a regular room that is in my own home! Each bedroom (approx 4 or 5 of them) had new carpet. The master had a walk-in closet that was probably once a bedroom and a bathroom that use to be a bedroom. Also, you could walk outside of the Master bedroom in two places onto two different balconies. Two of the bathrooms had brand new claw foot tubs and a tiled walk-in shower. The vanities in both bathrooms were new. The one in the master bath had double sinks with carved oak cabinets and granite counter tops. Almost all of the house had fresh paint on the walls. The lighting in this house was from top of the line companies. They had antique chandeliers hanging from the foyer, dining room and living room. The third floor, which use to be the atic, was carpeted and was one huge room for maybe a game room. It had a full basement. Whoever the previous owner was had already installed heating and air units for the house. It was just unbelievable! Now want to know what made me mad? My camera died on me when I was trying to take pictures of the inside. I had a few that came out alright of the outside, but my date mark was on and it is wrong...lol. Oh and one other thing, the house is listed in the upper $80s!!! Can you believe that?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Lolly said...

What an awe inspiring house! I love, love, love old houses!! Did I mention that I just love old houses? I would give anything to live in a house like that!
Thrifty Thoughts,
Mommy Mia's World,
Mia's Motivation &
Mia's Menu Mania

Anonymous said...

OMG, please tell me you got that house. I love colonials, and it sounds like this one was very nicely upgraded.


Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife

Dave said...

What a nice bit of construction. Too bad they don't build them half as good anymore.

Drizzly said...

That house would be beautiful restored. Did you take pics of the inside?

Drizzly

www.drizzlyblog.com

deb said...

That's a lot of house for that price range! Sounds like a keeper!

Kateedyd said...

OMG! I hope you guys got that one!!! I LOVE it!!! I really hope we can have something like that someday...if it were out here it would be in the millions.

And...you've been tagged! Come by to play along too Kateedyd What?!

Marrid66 said...

This house sounds awesome. I would love it!

Karen aka marrid66

http://www.4catsmakemecrazy.com/
http://www.dabossandbryguy.com/
http://www.hereoncolumbiaave.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that house is beautiful! I would love to have it!

BTW I left you an award go to Mama and Hustler???
to claim it!

Emily
Mama and Hustler???

Totally TV!

Barefooted Me

Digital Photography Today

Beauty Maven said...

So beautiful! I love Colonial and Victorian houses. Having the inside restored and decorated with furniture from the Colonial era would be a blast. :)

The Eclectic WAHM said...

Oh, I'm in love with that house!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and House Design